About Me

My photo
I'm a former lawyer and now a stay at home mom that loves to sew, create, craft, talk, eat, and sew :) When I found out I was having a little girl, I bought a sewing machine and project by project taught myself how to sew. I'm always hearing from people that they'd love to learn to sew, but they are too intimidated to try. I'm hoping to maybe inspire others to take the plunge and discover a new passion in sewing.

Friday, February 8, 2013

Too Cute Ruched Shorts

I was fortunate enough to get to pattern test these Too Cute Ruched Shorts by Cole's Corner and Creations. I've made a few pairs now, and they are my favorite pattern to make shorts for my daughter. This PDF pattern is a really great project for beginner sewers. If you aren't familiar with PDF patterns, you print out the pattern pieces from your computer and tape the pieces together (and with this simple pattern, there are just a few pieces!). Each step of the pattern has detailed instructions and there are many photographs throughout to help you along.  The pattern is for sizes 2-8, and features super cute ribbon ruched sides that you can adjust and tie as you like.
Here's a pair I made using a fireman knit (I believe the fabric is from Joanns) with a matching Dalmation appliqued shirt:
You can find the Dalmation applique here
My daughter played soccer for the Tigers last fall, so I also made her a pair to wear to practice:
"This is how I roll...animal print pants out of control."
You know what else I love about this pattern?!?!?! There is also a matching pattern for 18in dolls!! Eek!
You can find the pattern for the dolly shorts here and the dolly tank top here
Let me know what you think of the pattern if you decide to try it out!! I'd love to see pics of your creations!!




No comments:

Post a Comment